Warranty – Terms & Conditions
The warranty is provided against any manufacturing defects from the date of purchase. In case of any defects in the material or workmanship while in use under normal home conditions during the period of warranty, Viaan waters undertakes to repair the product FREE with no hidden charges either by themselves or through an authorized service dealer or service associates.
To schedule your installation or maintenance please call us on: 080 – 4951 8119
E-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
What This Warranty Covers
- Repair or replacement of any functionally effective part of the Water Ionizer found defective within 12 months from the date of its purchase (“Warranty Period”).
- Two preventive maintenance visits by Viaan on free of cost basis, during the warranty period.
- Two Pre-Filters will be changed on free of cost during the first year i.e. pre-filer will be changed in 5th month and 11th month.
- No charges for the technician visit to attend to genuine customer needs.
- One time Free-installation support for the water-Ionizer unit.
- The Product is intended to be used exclusively for domestic/ residential purpose only.
What This Warranty Does Not Cover
- Plastic body of the product.
- External Booster Pump, PRV (Pressure Reducing Valve) or other additional accessory purchased separately.
- Un-installation of the product.
- Transportation, Un-installation and installation cost in case the customer is moving the product to another location.
- Negligently handling and/ or damage resulting from misuse, abuse, improper installation, repair, or maintenance. Improper repair includes the use of parts other than those approved or specified by Viaan.
Warranty Will Be Null And Void If:
- User is unable to furnish the proof of purchase i.e. original invoice copy.
- Product is not operated according to instructions published in the user manual.
- Product is installed/reinstalled/serviced/repaired by any person (meaning an unauthorized person) other than Viaan authorised dealer/service associate.
- Original serial number of the product or any part thereof is removed, obliterated or altered.
- Water supplied to the unit is not as per the conditions specified in the user manual.
- Water Ionizer is designed to operate at a voltage supply of 230 volts- 50Hz with a tolerable variation of plus or minus 10%. Any failure due to operation of the machine beyond these limits will not be covered under warranty.
- Damage is caused to the product due to an abnormally corrosive alkaline / acidic atmosphere.
- Defects are caused because of factors beyond the control of Viaan or force majeure, like lightning, pests and vermin, abnormal voltage, wind, fire, floods or acts of God and negligence of the purchaser in using the product.
- Damage or failure caused by unauthorized modification or alteration or use for purposes other than the intended purpose.
Other Terms & Conditions
- This warranty is valid only for the original purchaser of the product and is applicable exclusively to the product sold in India by the company directly or through its authorized partner.
- The warranty on the replaced model/ refurbished part shall remain in force only for the unexpired period of the original warranty based on the purchase.
- In case of repair, Viaan shall endeavour to use new parts. If new parts are not available, however, then Viaan will have every right to use refurbished parts.
- In case the replacement of the entire unit (subject to the sole discretion of Viaan), the same model shall be provided as a replacement; if such a model has been phased out, the equivalent model as determined by Viaan shall be provided as a replacement resolution.
- Viaan shall not be liable or be deemed to be in default for any delay or failure in performance resulting directly or indirectly from causes beyond its reasonable control or during force majeure conditions including delay in repairing due to labour problem, restrictions, and regulations of the government, public movement, war or any other unavoidable circumstances.
- Viaan or any of its authorised dealers/service franchisees cannot be held liable for any sickness or illness due to the consumption of Hydrogen drinking water from any water purifier supplied by Viaan, if maintenance and usage of the water purifier are not satisfactory as per prescribed standards.
- Viaan reserves the right to change or improve design and specifications at any time, without any contingent obligations to prospective buyers or owners of the products previously sold.
- Under no circumstances, the liability of Viaan or its authorised dealer/ service franchisee shall exceed the value of the product, as mentioned in the original invoice.
- Inspection and test report of the Viaan office/service centre will be treated as final and binding under the warranty for determining defects, repairs/alterations required or carried out, or certifying working of the goods thereafter.
- Viaan or its authorised dealer will be entitled to retain the defective parts replaced under warranty.
- This warranty has been issued at Bangalore, State of Karnataka and therefore the courts at Bangalore shall have exclusive jurisdiction on matters covered by or following from this warranty and the original purchaser alone shall have a cause of action arising out of the transaction.
- Viaan strongly recommends to the customers to avail Viaan Annual Maintenance Contract (AMC) to get best service and maintenance, ensuring continued optimum performance of the product. Please call our Call Centre for more details. AMC will be applicable after the completion of warranty period.
Service (AMC) – Terms & Conditions
Under this Annual Maintenance Service Contract (‘Contract’), Viaan water science Technologies (‘Company’) commits to the maintenance and service of Viaan Hydrogen water ionizers at your registered address as per the following terms & conditions.
- A valid proof of purchase (original purchase bill/Invoice).
- The equipment must be in good working condition and the same must be certified by the authorized representative of Viaan Water Science Technologies. If there are any gaps, then customer shall be required to pay the necessary charges for rendering the equipment workable. Viaan will share a prior estimate of work with customer for his/her approval. This clause does not apply if the contract is renewed from the next day of date of termination of the warranty period or a previous contract period.
How to Register or Renew AMC
Phone: 080 – 4951 8119
Pre-Emptive Maintenance Services
Free of Cost Replacement of Pre-Filters (2) Hydrovation (1)
Motor and Hydrogen chamber Coverage
Other Consumable Coverage
AMC Does Not Include
- Damage caused by certain unusual conditions such as floods, fire, accident, riot, breakage, pest, misuse, improper or negligent use, tampering, leakage from pipes, water logging, misuse, transit damage during purchase, abnormal voltage supply, lightning, acts of God, or while in transit to or from the service centre.
- Damage caused by improper use of the product or failure to observe the operating instructions and precautions as mentioned in the product’s User Manual.
- Defects due to the usage of non-recommended spare parts.
- Defects/failures resulting from servicing/repairs done by a person other than the authorized representative of Viaan water Science Technologies.
- Visits for customer re-training, for dismantling or for re-installation at a different location.
- Replacement/repair of external tubes, body parts, diverter valve and any electrical part.
- Painting/repair of the body, top and bottom panels, and anodizing the treatment chambers and electronic housing.
- Painting/repair of chrome plating of the nuts and other styling decorative materials.
- Replacement/repair of any defects which existed before the contract was signed. In any such conditions are detected, Viaan water Science Technologies will submit a prior estimate for approval or bill for the work which will carried out at the existing rates.
- No refund will be made for the balance period of the contract if cancelled during the term AMC Will Be Null & Void:
- If the input water quality has changed drastically or doesn’t meet the specifications stated in the user manual.
- If the Hydrogen water ionizer has been used commercially.
- If the water purifier has been continuously used for more than eight (8) hours.
Other Terms & Conditions:
- The equipment, electricity & water must be made available for servicing as and when our authorized service technician calls on his periodical servicing visit. Failure to do so will be treated as a service rendered and no refund shall accrue on this account.
- Every visit by our authorized service technician will be made within a reasonable time from receipt of a complaint about the breakdown of the equipment and will be made only during the working hours of our Service Department and no visits will be made on public holidays.
- For repairs requiring the removal of the product or any parts thereof, there shall be no extra labour charges levied by Viaan. However, in such cases, incidental expenses incurred like freight, packing, etc., will have to be borne by the customer.
- The liability of Viaan Water Science Technologies shall be limited to providing service and repairing or replacing spare parts as mentioned in this Contract. Viaan Water Science Technologies shall not be liable for damages, death, injuries, or any consequential damages of whatsoever nature to any person or property, caused by using the product.
- This Contract is neither terminable before the expiry period nor transferable in the event of resale/gift to any other person.
- The company or its authorized agents will be entitled to retain any defective parts replaced during this contract period.
- Renewal of the AMC contract after its expiry will be at the sole discretion of Viaan water Science Technologies and depends upon the model/age of the product and usage period.
- Viaan water Science Technologies is not responsible to send you any reminder or any such communication to intimate the expiry or renewal of the contract. The onus of renewing the contract rests with the owner of the product.
- The Customer shall bear any additional amount incurred by the Company to comply with the laws or such other government guidelines that may be issued from time to time, which requires any modification or upgradation of the Hydrogen Water Ionizer, towards the safety of customers.